ERAC Leo Sichewski Memorial Bursary
In July 2016, a valued 24-year veteran of ERAC, Leo Sichewski, passed away. Leo trained, coached and mentored many responders over the years and was well known for his patience, understanding and commitment to lifelong learning. In memory of Leo, ERAC has created the ERAC Leo Sichewski Memorial bursary fund. This fund will allow ERAC responders, Plan Participants, ERAC employees and family members of the previously mentioned, to access up to up to $2,000 on an annual basis for educational purposes. The number of bursaries rewarded annually may vary.
- Applicant must be an ERAC responder, Plan Participant, ERAC employee or a family member of the previously mentioned.
- Applicant must be enrolled in a certificate, diploma or degree program in safety, emergency management or first responder training.
Applicant documentation requirements:
- Copy of driver’s license or birth certificate and photo ID.
- Proof of acceptance or current enrollment (e.g. transcripts, course registration, etc.) and invoice for courses or semester.
- An official description and duration of the eligible program.
- A short essay (maximum 500 words) on "Why I would like to pursue a career in safety, or emergency management and why I would be or I am suited for such a career?"
To apply for the ERAC Leo Sichewski Memorial bursary, click here to complete the application process.
For the 2017 bursary, please submit your application and required documents to email@example.com by March 31, 2017. The successful candidate(s) will be notified by April 30th 2017.
In memory of Leo Sichewski.